Thursday, January 13, 2011

heart abandoned.

Have you ever had one of those moments where you have just heard a sermon that you feel was written specifically for you and at the end of it, the worship leader comes out and plays just the right song to close out the message? I have. I did last night, in the comfort of my own room.

I'm in the process of reading David Platt's book Radical - one I would recommend to anyone! And as I was reading, I came across a section that sang to my heart. Here's an excerpt:

"God delights in using ordinary Christians who come to the end of themselves and choose to trust in His extraordinary provision. He stands ready to allocate His power to all who are radically dependent on Him and radically devoted to making much of Him."

It's safe to say this rang in loud & clear! I read these two sentences over and over again, dissecting each part.

*God delights--this brings Him joy!
*In using ordinary Christians--that's me.
*Who come to the end of themselves--where am I? (Insert Philippians 1:21)
*And choose to trust--it is OUR choice.
*In His extraordinary provision--He is Jehovah Jireh (my Provider)!
*He stands ready--with all He is and does, He is ready and waiting on little me to call on Him!
*To allocate His power--the Holy Spirit is the power of Christ in me.
*To all who are radically dependent--to all, not just some, all who are radically relying on God to supply them with ALL that they need.
*And radically devoted--definition of devoted: dedicated exclusively to a purpose or use; am I exclusively dedicated to Christ?
*To making much of Him--we were created to make famous the name of Jesus and to live a life worthy of the gospel! (Philippians 1:27-28)

When I finished the chapter, I could hear in my head myself, along with 22,000+ other college students at Passion 2011 Atlanta, singing,

"I'll stand, arms high and heart abandoned, in AWE of the ONE who gave it all! I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to you surrendered. ALL I am is Yours."

I hope that, in some way, God uses this to touch your life in the way it has mine and that you will CHOOSE a life RADICALLY DEVOTED to the One who gave it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment