Monday, May 10, 2010

Textile Obsession


This past semester I took my first Textile Design course, & of course, immediately became obsessed. Funny how this all started...my Mom forced me into a Beginning Art class in high school because she said I needed to quit taking so many P.E. classes & become more "well rounded." I thought I'd hate it, but soon proved myself wrong. In short, I was so intrigued in the world of art that I chose Art Marketing as my major in college. I intended to use it for something Fashion related after I graduated--which I still do. But, the specifics of what I want to do are continually changing. After this past semester, I've found a love for dying fabrics, designing patterns for fabrics, & using fabrics to make an ordinary object something more. I've found dying scarves & sewing & embellishing cuff bracelets to be somewhat therapeutic--& even better, becoming a side job.

Above is a picture of a few of the cuffs I've made recently. They're for sale, if anyone is interested, for between $15.00 & $20.00. They each took between 3 & 6 hours to make. Let me know if you'd like to buy one! I'll post pictures of the scarves soon. I currently have 7 that I've made for sale.

Let me know if any of you have any good ideas for textile projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment