Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Becoming a better follower.

Well, needless to say, I've been away from the blogging realm for a little while...also known as 3 & 1/2 months or so, maybe closer to 4. But, who's counting?

During my slight hiatus, I've done some reevaluating (mostly in the past couple of days), had some incredible opportunities presented to me, done things I've regreted, visited new places, made my first C in a class--ever, experienced incredible worship, and learned just how minute, finite, and small I really am.

If you haven't ever seen the Indescribable and How Great Is Our God messages by Louie Giglio, I recommend them strongly. They are life changing! We tend to look at ourselves and see some great, invincible person. When, in fact, it is our Creator that is great, that is making something great out of us. We have nothing to do with it other than accepting His gracious gift of giving us the opportunity to follow him. That's something I'm really trying to grasp. I am NOTHING great without Him. "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him." 1 John 3:1.

As children of God, we aren't called to be "Christians." We are called to know the Father and to follow Him. I'm trying to grab on to that more lately...more knowing Him, not just knowing about Him, and following. He said, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." That is what I want to do. I want to be a better follower. And in following...I want to be a better doer. I was talking to my Mom tonight and she was asking me where my heart was at as far as being involved in ministry is concerned and when she said this, it really hit home with me. She said, "I think I would rather be a not as great doer of the word, than simply a hearer." I couldn't agree more. James 1:22 says, "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says." I want to be a better doer. I want to be a better follower by doing all that I can to make my actions like those of Christ.

I have some major changes to make.

So, here it goes.

Here I am. Send me...very little, ordinary, and insignificant me.

(More elaborations on what's been going on in my life to come--soon!)

--Jordan.

No comments:

Post a Comment