Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Live a life of love.

"I've been a walking heart ache.
I've made a mess of me.
The person that I've been lately,
Isn't who I want to be."
-Dave Barnes

Ever found yourself looking in the mirror trying to figure out what you've become & how you got there? I've kind of found myself in that place lately. Running from the person I know I should be...I've been self-serving, hard-hearted, and closed off. I've been dealing with pain in my life in a way that was easy...not in the way that is right. I've been running from what I know to be true; running from the one person who won't leave my side.

Why have I been running? Maybe because I wanted to be angry. Maybe because I knew if I turned to Him, He wouldn't let me down. And maybe, because I wanted to be angry, I took my anger out on Him. I've found it's easier to take your anger out on the ones that you know will be there for you when it's all over because it's one less loss you'll have to face. I know this isn't right; most of the time the easier things aren't.

With all of that said, I've found myself back on the path to becoming the person God has created me to be. He's softening my heart, giving me compassion, and helping me see that there are other ways to handle unwanted situations other than getting angry. He's molding me into the person He created me to be.

"There's more here than what we're seeing;
A divine conspiracy."
-D.B.

"Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution."
-Kahlil Gibran



Leaving my selfish, hard heart behind, I'm finding that being compassionate doesn't mean you're weak. It means you're strong enough to halve someone else's pain, to share in what they are dealing with. It means, you double their joy, by sharing your excitement for them. It is having a heart for others. These are the things I want to exhibit in my life. A heart for others. Wanting to serve. Desiring God's love to be shown through me.

"Live a life of love."
Ephesians 5:2a

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?' And I said, 'Here I am. Send me!'"
-Isaiah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment