Friday, July 23, 2010

inevitable.


"People are always telling me that change is a good thing. But, all that really means is that something that you didn't want to happen, at all, has happened."

And there's nothing I can do about it.

Change: inevitable, painful, a chance for something new.

In a week from right now, the place I call home will be void of all I've known it to be but the memories it holds. Memories that mean the world to me. Being near to my family, sleepovers with friends, movie nights, countless bowls of chocolate ice cream with milk on top (probably my favorite thing in the world), surprise birthday party, family dinners, best friend neighbors, Christmas mornings, holidays in general, Sunday afternoon naps on the couch...and in a week, all of these things either won't be or will happening somewhere else. With change comes pain.

But, at the same time...it holds the opportunity for something new. My parents are moving back to the place I lived as a child. A place that I will learn to call "home" again. It's going to take some getting used to, though. I'm learning to deal with change. To accept it and embrace it...there's no stopping it, so I might as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment