Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"My tongue is the pen of a skillful writer."

"My heart is stirred by a noble theme;
as I recite my verses for the King;
my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer.



The King is enthralled by your beauty;
honor Him, for He is your Lord."

--Psalm 45:1,11


The King, the Ruler of the universe, my Creator, Elohim (Creator God), El Roi (The God Who Sees Me), El Elyon (Most High), Gaol (Redeemer).....God the Father--He is enthralled by my beauty. Have you ever wondered how that is possible? That the God who created us, who breathed us into being, the God who is enthralled with our beauty is the very same God who holds the entire universe in His hands. He is enthralled with us, very small, faulty, and imperfect creatures. All of us. At the same time. We are the objects of His attention, and yet, so often we are running from Him; running from the One who wants nothing more than to hold us and tell us how beautiful we are to Him. Are we crazy? Have we lost our minds? The King of the Universe wants nothing more than a relationship with us and time after time we turn and run away from the one being who will never leave our side.

What does it mean to be "enthralled?"
By definition, to enthrall someone or something means to captivate it; to literally hold it captive. The King is captivated by us. Reading this passage this morning was so humbling for me. "Who am I for the King to be captivated by my beauty?" I asked myself. But, the answer is simple. I am His child. I am a daughter of the King.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
--Nelson Mandela

No comments:

Post a Comment